Air Conditioning Installation in Houston
High Quality Air Conditioning Replacement Services in the Houston, TX Area
Purchasing a new cooling system is one of the biggest financial decisions that comes with owning a home. The cost to buy and install new equipment is only a small fraction of your total expense. In addition to the purchase and installation cost, you must consider utility bills, maintenance, the price of repairs to fix the unit when it breaks down, and replacement upon premature failure.
How does 10 years of excessive utility and repair bills sound? That’s what can happen if an AC system isn’t sized correctly for your home or if the unit is improperly installed. It also may not deliver the comfort you desire, and it may adversely affect your family’s safety and health.
If it’s time for a new air conditioner in your Houston area home, Morrow Mechanical is here to help you choose the best unit for your needs. Contact us today!
When Is It Time for AC Replacement?
The first thing you need to know about buying a new air conditioner is that you shouldn’t rush into your decision. Be sure to do your homework in advance and use good judgement. While the decision to purchase a new AC unit involves many factors, here are some of the common signs it’s time for a replacement:
- Age: If your current system is 10-15 years old, it’s probably near the end of its lifespan.
- Repair cost: If your existing AC unit is no longer under warranty and the repairs are becoming frequent and expensive, it’s worth considering purchasing a new unit.
- Utility cost: Have you noticed your energy bills are much higher than they once were? This could be because your older HVAC system is no longer working efficiently.
- Uneven or ineffective cooling: If your system is no longer able to cool your home to the desired temperature, a new unit might do the trick.
If any of these signs sound familiar to you, new air conditioner installation might be the solution. Call us today at 281-370-1566!
Factors to Consider for New Air Conditioner Installation
Our expert air conditioner technicians will help you make a decision about the best unit for your home. Here are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a new air conditioner:
- Proper sizing: In order to get the most energy and operating cost savings, it is important to properly size the equipment to your home. To determine correct size for the new equipment, accurate measurements of every space in the house are necessary; insulation levels in floors, ceilings and walls as well as the size, number and type of windows. Units that are sized too large for the home cause uneven temps throughout the house because they are susceptible to short cycling. The air is not circulated as much as it would be with a system of the correct size. When a unit is too small it will struggle to keep up with demand, in turn costing you more in month utility bills.
- Ductwork: When replacing your air conditioning unit, existing ductwork plays a major role in the process. It is important that the ductwork is designed and installed properly. In order to receive the most benefits from your new air conditioning and heating system, we will need to be sure your ductwork is sealed and sized accordingly. Correct sizing will help avoid hot and cold zones around your home. Older ductwork can become dirty overtime, which can cause the air quality in the home to suffer.
- Insulation: Your homes insulation is one of the most important factors in improving energy efficiency. Your HVAC system often accounts for more than half the energy expense of a home. If your attic is not sealed and insulated properly, just imagine all that hot air moving into your living space as it escapes that hot contaminated attic. Then your system is working in overdrive in attempt to cool the living area.
- Zoning: Zoning can help reach a maximum comfort level by dividing your home areas that have similar cooling and heating needs. These zones allow you to independently control the temperature in each area. Similar to multiple light switches in different rooms, multiple zone thermostats control the temperature in different areas of the home.
Taking the time to get a proper system analysis will help guarantee that you will be able to enjoy the benefits of having a new HVAC system hassle free. Contact us today for more expert advice!
Call Today to Schedule Your AC Installation
Our friendly and experienced technicians know air conditioning systems inside and out. They’ll take the time to study your home, understand your cooling requirements, show you your options, and assist you with finding the quality home comfort system that best meets your family’s needs and budget. Call us at 281-370-1566 to speak to a customer service representative and schedule a free, no obligation in-home system analysis with a Morrow Mechanical Comfort Technician!